Setting up your Community Signup Form
👉 With Commsor’s Slack Signup form, you can manage all your new member applications directly within the Community OS itself — no other tools or integrations necessary. In your community’s custom signup form, you can ask questions that will help enrich your understanding of the applicant to help you decide if they’re a fit for your community. The data will be saved to the person’s Commsor OS profile if you approve them, such as where they’re located, why they’re interested in your community, and their LinkedIn profile URL, which you can then create segments and strategize around and give them a great welcome.
Learn more about how our community is using the Slack Signup form in our blog:
- Automate New Member Onboarding With Community OS’s Signup Form
- Setting Your Slack Community Up for Success
- Welcome New Members Effortlessly with Community OS’s Auto Welcome Message Tool
Setting up your Signup Form
To setup (or manage) your signup form navigate to Your Account ⭢ Settings ⭢ Signup Form.
- Select the Connect to Slack button. Due to the way Slack handles invites, we're required to do a second authorization even if you've already connected the main Commsor Slack integration.
- Once you've connected the invite integration to the Slack workspace you want to use the form with, you'll be asked to set up your signup form. In this view you can select options such as free or paid, automatic or manual approval, custom questions, color, logo, and more.
- After selecting your Signup Form settings and adding questions, your sign up form will be available at `yourcommunity.commsor.com`.
Embedding the Signup Form
If you'd prefer to embed your signup form on a custom webpage, then you can do so after setting the form up. Navigate to the Signup Form page in your settings to find the embed code you can use to create your form.
You can find an example of this embedded form in action here.
Managing Pending Applications
If you select Yes, require approval in your signup form settings, then new members will have to be approved before receiving their automatic Slack invite.
To access your pending approvals, select the down arrow next to your Community tab, and then select the Pending Applications sub-tab.
From here you'll be able to approve or deny any pending applications. If approved, the member will automatically receive a Slack invite. If denied, they will not receive anything. You can view (and undo) denied applications via the Denied Applications button in the top right.
💡Note: If a member is already in your Slack community, when you click Approve that member will not receive an email. However, if a member has been in your Slack before, but deactivated their account, when you click Approve they will receive an email to join.