Integrating with Slack
With the Slack Integration, you can easily measure all of the members in your Slack community, identify your top members and channels, set up a customer sign-up form, send automated welcomes messages to all new members, and more. Learn more about how others are managing their Slack communities on the Commsor blog:
- Setting Your Slack Community Up for Success
- Welcome New Members Effortlessly with Community OS’s Auto Welcome Message Tool
- Automate New Member Onboarding With Community OS’s Signup Form
- You must have Admin permissions in your Slack account.
- You can connect multiple Slack workspaces to your Commsor account at the same time.
Install the Slack Integration
- In your Commsor account, click Settings in the main navigation bar, and then select Integrations from the settings side menu.
- Click on Connect under the Slack integration box.
- Select the Slack workspace you'd like to connect from the dropdown menu.
- You may be prompted to grant permission for Commsor to access your Slack workspace. If so, click Allow.
- You'll be redirected back to Commsor. Your Slack integration is now active!
💡Note: currently our Slack integration is unable to track DMs, but if you want to track any private channels within Slack make sure to add the Commsor app to those specific channels (you can do so by clicking Details ⭢ More ⭢ Add Apps).
Setting up a custom sign-up form for your Slack community is a great way to manage applications to join your community. Click here to learn more.
The Slack Auto Welcome Message is a tool for you to automatically welcome a new member to your Slack community.
To set up a slack welcome message, you must integrate your Slack account with your Commsor account (above). If this is not set up yet, you’ll be prompted to connect your Slack account in Commsor.
To turn on your Slack Welcome Message,
- Select automations on your right side bar.
- Select edit.
- Author or edit your draft
- Select save.
The Slack Welcome Message will be DM’d to the new member, and will appear to come from the individual's account who originally integrated your Slack workspace into Commsor.
Using your Slack Integration
Here is how the Slack Integration looks in a member's About section. A member’s activity is tracked and viewable in their Member Profile. You can also make custom Segments and Reports for your Slack community and users.